Friday, September 18, 2015

Always a Mermaid

Hello everyone!  I'm excited to show you this project today.  My dear friend, Nicole, asked me to guest for her cut file store, Just Nick. Loving her cut files the way I do, I jumped at the opportunity!  And when she told me she'd be giving away a FREEBIE file of my choice, I immediately knew what I wanted to do!

My littlest has wanted to be a mermaid for as long as I remember.  From Halloween to pretending in the pool to being buried in the sand in the shape of a mermaid so I just knew a mermaid inspired cut file was needed.


It’s inevitable every year that we go to the beach, Little Miss asks to be buried in the sand so she can pretend she’s a mermaid.  She often makes little ocean friends, like crabs and turtle out of sand to pretend with. When Nicole asked said she’d design a free cut file of my choice I knew it had to be ocean themed and the scales were PERFECTION.  I chose to use the background for 2/3 of my page, leaving the top 1/3 more simple to help balance the page.


I chose a more labor intensive design for this page but the great thing about background cut files is that you can back it with one or many patterns. I used papers from a 6”x6” paper pad with smaller patterns to fill in the scales.  I simply laid the paper behind the background cut file, traced around the outer cut, hand cut each piece and then adhered it to the back. Then I added photos, embellishments, the title and a cute little quote about being a mermaid.

Remember how I said this cut file was a FREEBIE??? Head over to the Just Nick blog right now. Don't wait and download the file before it's gone.  This is a limited time only offer.  OH! Tell her Heather sent you! 

I created another layout using her butterfly background which I'll have her on my blog in a few days.  It's on the Just Nick blog now in case you want to see how I used that file to create a special layout about this same little sweetie!

Thanks Nicole for having me.  Let's do it again!

No comments: